ANASTA, Italian Association of Welding, Cutting and Related Technology Companies , was founded in June 1973 by 11 companies involved in the manufacture and marketing of equipment, machines, installations and consumable products for all metal welding and cutting procedures.
The number of associated companies has risen from 11 to 60 and accounts for over 80% of the Italian welding market. These companies also export their products all over the world.
Welding and cutting technologies have also evolved, especially through the adoption of electronics in manufacturing, the control of operations and the fine-tuning of the consumable product formulae. These innovations have served to make the welding profession safer and more technologically advanced.
As was the case in 1973, also today of the c. 100 companies active in this sector some are subsidiaries of multinationals present throughout the world. These are, however, managed like small to medium-sized companies, typical of Italian concerns where the entrepreneur/owner runs the company in such a way as to maximise its results on a global market using the flexibility and agility that Italian companies are renowned for. In this way subsidiaries of multinationals operate with autonomy on the domestic market while having access to an increased number of research and development resources.
ANASTA: ACTIVITIES AND SERVICES
The Association, subdivides its activities and services into 4 trade Groups.
Group 1 - manual oxy-gas welding, cutting and heating
Group 2 - manual and semiautomatic arc and resistance welding and cutting
Group 3 - consumables products
Group 4 - automations of welding and cutting
This subdivision enable a more efficient and operational response to the real needs of clients and manufacturing businesses.
CUSTOMER ORIENTED ACTIVITIES
- Encourage the distribution of technical/norm-related information so as to have safe and reliable products.
- Organise trade fairs and congresses, predominantly on a national level, so as to communicate about the "world of welding" in a complete manner.
- Collaborate with norm-setting organisations so that metal welding and cutting processes are productive and safe.
ACTIVITIES AND SERVICES FOR ASSOCIATED COMPANIES
- Participate with company delegates in work sessions of national (UNI - CEI) and international (CEN - CENELEC - IEC - ISO - IIW) Technical Committees on activities related to standards and norms.
- Provide technical and norm-related information to the associated companies so that associated companies can apply to relevant norms promptly using speedy and adequate procedures.
- Defend the common interests of associated companies on a national and international level as regards the interpretation of norms.
- Establish and maintain relationships with associations representing our sector on a national level (IIS - UCIMU - ANIE - ANIMA - ACAI - CEI - UNI - UNSIDER - FEDERACCIAI) and on an international level with public organisations so as to receive information promptly.